Thursday, November 7, 2013

Perfect in every way but ONE

 Perfect in every way but ONE


So I have a natural constitution that drives my life. Unbelievable I know. But I have had one my whole life. It goes something like this:

Let's say that I make a goal to lose weight. In order to reach this goal I decided that I am going to start juicing vegetables and I will drink the juice twice a day. Sounds good so far, right?

In my constitution, I put this formula into action....consistently...everyday. That means on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Each morning I get up and juice a bag of carrots, kale and sweet potatoes to drink at that moment and at night. Then I do it again the next day.

Now following my constitution, I will need to consistently have a bag of carrots, kale and sweet potatoes to juice. So that means I am running to the store several times a week to accommodate my resolve. (One time I  went to the store and they were out of kale. So I had to go to another store to find the kale).

I know what you are thinking "Why don't you just make it without the kale?" Great question. That would be less stress however and the goal isn't peace it is to drink this concoction twice a day until the desired weight loss results are reached. That is my constitution.

Before I could not see the undue stress that I was voluntarily putting on my life. I thought I want to lose weight and that is a great goal. It will make me healthier, I will look fitter and feel better. Plus goals are excellent to have. They mean I am moving in a direction, forward. Finally I am being challenged to be a better me. All of the above things are perfect except for one thing.

I am very religious about my constitution. I believe it won't work unless it goes the way I planned? I have done the research. I am notorious for forcing things to happen. So I said perfect in every way but one, right? What is that one thing that is missing? Margin, space. Where you ask? In my brain. That constitution that I was so religious about; that I was so proud to cling to didn't allow for guidance from the Holy Spirit that lives inside me. I was too locked up...for years. I had a plan. I know the way. I was confident that I was right. So bull-dose ahead. Stick to the plan and I will succeed.

So did I? Succeed. And at what cost? That guiding Spirit I spoke of earlier brings peace. John 14: 16-18 confirms this belief, "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you."

Peace bring longevity. Longevity brings stability. Stability brings massive success. How do I know? Because I took a step back from my constitution. It was too expensive to keep. I decided for the sake of peace, longevity and stability I would let Him lead. I still see it, you know. My constitution. I watch it and I recognize it. Then I surrendered it and I keep surrendering it over and over again. How about massive success? Given, with a peace and a bounce back ratio that defies understanding over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment