Sunday, July 7, 2013

Praying for Healing

Do I believe that God want all of us to be healed of every sickness?  Sure I do.

Do I believe that the healing that you perceive is the healing I need? No.

To be healed is to be whole, so you believe that is I am blind, and to be whole I need to see. But see what?
"What do you mean see what?" You say.  "You are blind, you can't see anything." Yes, that is true but I don't need to see everything. I only need to see one thing. I only need to see Jesus. When I keep my eyes on Him, he gives me the desires of my heart.

When we pray for people to be healed, we should expect to see God's will for their lives. We should expect to see something that brings them great joy and peace. A peace that defies understanding. This grace should draw them closer to God, others should see God when they look at them. Whatever we see should be amazing.

I believe that God knows everything about us. Our past, our present and our future. I believe that God has given us everything that we need in Christ. If that is the case, with the Holy Spirit inside of me, interceding with God on my behalf, whether I can see or not, whether I am rich or not, whether I have a child or not, I am whole and as such I am healed.

You may not be able to see my healing. You may not be able to see my desires being met. You may think that because I still can not see the way you see, or that because I don't have children like you have, or that because my level of success doesn't look like yours that I am not healed . 

But I am accepted. I am loved. God's plans for me are for good and not for evil. All things work together for my good. I am blessed. My sins are forgiven. I am fearfully and wonderfully made. God knows the number of hairs on my head. I am whole and as such I am healed.


No comments:

Post a Comment