Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Help Someone Reach Their Goals




Parley Pioneers is here to comfort others as we have been comforted by God. We are here to provide support and to help others move forward in Christ. We are apart of the invisible family of Christ along with you. As one big family, we like to pull together and help each other. Debra is an exceptional woman that needs our help to accomplish an amazing goal. I would tell her story but she tells it better herself.  If you would like to donate to her cause, please visit our website at parleypioneers.org and click on Be The Miracle and donate to the people project. Remember that your donation is tax deductible.

Thank you and enjoy,

GE Williams
parleypioneers.org



Dear Friend and Potential Sponsor,

Following a year of competition I am qualified and scheduled to compete in the National Senior Games.  The games are July 21 thru August 5, in Cleveland Ohio.  I will be competing for 3 days, July 24 thru 26, in 4 Field Events held at Baldwin Wallace University Track and Field Stadium: Long Jump, Shot Put, Discus and Javelin. I competed in my first track meet at age 7, in Indianapolis, Indiana and stopped about the age of 16.  Life happened, injuries came and I put my national and Olympic aspirations on hold.  In the years that followed, I raised a son who just happened to get a shot in professional sports following his college stint as a “Blue Chipper” football and track man. Imagine That!  Diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome in 1993, I became a retired bedridden Probation Officer.  

In 1995 I was miraculously healed during a journey to the holy land, Israel.  I moved from Bowie, Maryland to Kissimmee, Florida in 2007 for better climate and a healthy life style more conducive to Asthma and Severe Hypertension.  Now it’s my turn.   I am 66 years young and resurrecting myself from spectator to participant, again. My first meet was in 2011, and this is the first National Game held since my “come back”.  As a witness that dreams can come true, I have a congratulatory letter surprisingly received days ago from Florida’s Governor, Rick Scott.  I was published in an article from our local publication, Reflections.

If I find favor with you after reading the contents of this sponsor request, please know that I am in serious need to raise funds to reach Cleveland.  I cannot do this without your help. Initially after counting the cost, I was stupefied into not making the trip, at all. But after receiving the letter from Governor Rick Scott, and encouragement from friends and family who were disappointed in my surrendered disposition because of finances, I reconsidered.   And since the event is only a month away, there isn’t much time. As I write this letter, an account is being opened at MidFlorida fcu where donations can be sent and /or transferred directly to the account.  

I am in need of $2775 to cover the cost of hotel, air fair, meals, transportation and shipping of equipment.   If you are aware of any other potential sponsors please let me know as soon as possible or share the contents of this letter with them.  Please call or email to acknowledge your response as soon as you receive this letter so I will know how to proceed with planning.  The sooner I book the air line the better the cost and some of the cost could be reduced.  If anyone is willing to pick up the cost of any one single item (food, air fair…etc) that would be a tremendous relief and blessing. Nothing is too big or too small.  I humbly appreciate each one of you. Thank you in advance!!! In Closing, let me say, “The athlete within you never dies.  I’m neither dead nor priced out of the market (with your help), yet.”

Sincerely,
 Debra Hanes

No comments:

Post a Comment