Monday, August 5, 2013

I am thankful that I live today

       I am thankful that I live today during the information age. I am thankful I live in a time of acceptance, more so then any other time thus far. I am thankful I live in a time that helps me to recognize that all my sins are forgiven, past, present and future. I think it is hard to live today without committing a sin. I am thankful that God knew this would be the case and made provisions for my rescue.

     Throughout history it has been hard to be a woman. There was Woman Suffrage, Prohibition and of course Slavery. Women were expected to be a lot of things that I am not today. There wasn't a lot of acceptance for learning disabilities, mental illnesses or woman who couldn't get pregnant. The laws were not there to protect against abuse of any kind. I am quite thankful to live today.

     I am thankful that there is a Holy Spirit that I can lean on for guidance and help. I am thankful for the bible that I can learn how to live a Holy life, one that wouldn't condemn my heart.  I thankful that I have a choice to believe or not to believe. I have a choice to do or not to do. I am thankful that I can experience God's love even through I never earned it.

    I am thankful that people are creative and bold in their beliefs. I am thankful that through the media we can see miracles of human ingenuity and that we can walk outside our doors and experience the sun on a daily bases.

     If I had been born in a different era, I would have to believe that my life would still be well. I would have to believe that I would still be thankful for acceptance and I would still be blessed.  I believe that God would protect me. However, I am thankful that I live today.

   


No comments:

Post a Comment