Monday, July 8, 2013

My Dog Gets it Part 2

Well, that is how it began, my relationship with Diamante. Oh, I am sorry Diamante means Diamond in spanish. There are some personal issues there but that is another story. Now staying on track. 7 years went by before I realized what a treasure I had in her.

She was more then just a trophy to claim victory over. She was a guide that would show me God's Glory, as soon as I stood still long enough to look. Don't misunderestand me. She is just a dog. She doesn't bark a lot, and she has definatley killed her fair share of prey. She is selfish, demanding and a girl in all the primitive ways.

She loves a good bone and she loves a good chase. How does she define a good chase? Well, did it run? And what's a good bone? Well, I must admit Diamante has never met a bone that she didn't like.
Imagine this:

             I give Diamante a bone. She looks at it, walks around it and smells it. Then she turns her nose up at me and walks away. Or she sees a cat. It is all black. She looks at it and yawns as to say "Black cat, please."  No Diamante doesn't miss an opportunity to enjoy her life. She does not get caught up in the details, second guessing herself along the way.

She only believes. What does she believe? She believes that if it's a bone it's meant for her. If it runs from her she has the right to chase it. She believes that she is exactly where she is suppose to be and that her master is on her side.

Lesson two: Reasoning, whether it is a benefit or not, causes stress and eventually stress kills.

As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken, he saith unto the ruler of the synagogue, "Be not afraid, only believe." Mark 5:36 KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment